Question Checklist for University Rentals in Athens Ohio
There’s always a checklist and series of questions to work from in your search for University rentals in Athens Ohio. Knowing what you are getting into, and avoiding any pitfalls, will not only save your sanity, but your credit rating.
And if you are renting with roommates, naturally they should be in on the process too and have their own questions and concerns. Get together and brainstorm your own checklist to work from so everyone’s on the same page.
- What’s included in the rent?
- Are first and last month’s rent required?
- Are utilities covered?
- Are pets allowed and what restrictions are there?
- Is a pet deposit required?
- Do fees and deposit differ if cat or dog, or number of pets?
- Are you required to keep up on the yard?
- Who’s responsible for mowing, landscaping, shoveling walks and driveways?
Walk Through Checklist
Some things you’ll want to inspect when you first visit a student apartment before you even consider signing a lease. Is there a decent amount of natural light (this can affect your electricity bill)? Do all wall outlets work? (Bring a phone charger and try out a few random outlets on the tour). What kind of water pressure do you have in the shower? Give it a quick try when you visit the bathroom.